Richard Jefferies Society, c/o Valezina, 112 Westerfield Road, Ipswich, IP4 2XW.
Richard Jefferies Society, c/o Granham West, Granham Hill, Marlborough, SN8 4DN.
Decisions about the Prize will be made by a judging panel drawn from the Society's Executive Council and a representative of the White Horse Bookshop. The judges are not paid and their decision is final. The right not to make an award in a given year is reserved. The short-list is drawn up in February and the winner should be announced by June.
· Orchard. A Year in England’s Eden by Benedict Macdonald and Nicholas Gates. [Collins]
· Diary of a Young Naturalist by Dara McAnulty. [Little Toller]
· The Consolation of Nature: Spring in the Time of Coronavirus by Michael McCarthy, Jeremy Mynott and Peter Marren. [Hodder]
· The Swallow: A Biography by Stephen Moss. [Square Peg]
· Entangled Life by Merlin Sheldrake. [Bodley Head]
· The Gospel of the Eels: A Father, a Son and the World’s Most Enigmatic Fish by Patrik Svensson. [Picador]
Read a review of the book by Richard Stewart here.
There were an unprecedented number of nominations for 2019 publications that marked the increasing interest and concern for the natural world. The short-list was agreed on 16 January 2020 as follows and all were worthy contestants:
The short-list was agreed on 13 January 2019 as follows:
The shortlist was agreed on 3 February 2018 was as follows:
The short-list was: